Getting To Know You, Your Purpose and Your Genius

Home 9 How to Be Healthy 9 Getting To Know You, Your Purpose and Your Genius

 

The quote ‘First Know Thyself’ adorned the Temple at Delphi in ancient Greece.

The great Chinese philosopher Lao Tzu put it like this:

“Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power.”

And in the Bible there is:

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?”

Self knowledge then, is one of the great keys to getting on in life.

A great way to understand yourself is to take various personality type tests.

One is a DISC test.

wealth-dynamics-square-520px

 

One I like is free via the Tony Robins website:

Tony Robbins Disc Test

They also do a values test, but you may have to take the DISC profile first to find it.

With both of these you will get a great breakdown and explanation that will further help your self-analysis.

Another simpler test is the Values Assessment from the Barrett Values Centre

This works well in conjunction with the Tony Robbins tests.

All the above are free.

However, the website I like the most is that set up by Roger James Hamilton:

GeniusUhttps://www.geniusu.com/

This has advantages as it doesn’t just tell you about yourself, it tells you how you relate to others, and you can take further tests to map out how you can progress in life.

One test is ‘The Purpose Test’.

Mark Twain famously said,

I can teach anybody how to get what they want out of life.  The problem is I can’t find anybody who can tell me what they want.

If you are struggling with no purpose – or if you have never even thought about it, then it’s worth having a look at
The Purpose Test – http://purpose.geniusu.com/

One of the traits of people who live a long, healthy fulfilled life is that they have some kind of purpose outside of themselves. It could be being a great parent, a great spouse, entertainer, teacher. There are limitless possibilities.

Know Your Why

You may be thinking ‘is this all worth it?’ so here are a couple of videos I really like, that may put into perspective why you should know what makes you tick :

First up, Simon Sinek

Second, is Adam Leipzig, who estimates only about 20% of people are truly happy. Most of the other 80% feel they are wasting their lives, have no idea what to do, and are running form one job or marriage to the next!

What he found was that what separated the 20% from the 80% was knowing the answer to just 5 questions.

The 20% knew:

  1. Who they were
  2. What they did
  3. Who they did it for
  4. What those people wanted or needed
  5. What those people got out of it – how they changed

Related Posts:

Philosophy to Prosperity

Oww Brain vs Wow Brain

 

Written by Dr Chris Pickard

Published on 25 Mar 2014

Categories

Blog Topics

You may also be interested in

The Cell Blueprint Questionnaire

https://youtu.be/tSp1b_xC7wE Click the link to download the cell blueprint questionnaire. Then once downloaded, you can 'tick the boxes' and save it to your computer. Then email that saved version to drchris@bodyinbalanceuk.com to get a free...

read more

Basic 1 Month Detox

BASIC 1 MONTH DETOX: So what can you do to detox? Decrease exposure Increase your ability to eliminate them from your cells Make sure they are ‘bound’ in the gut and eliminated from your body To decrease exposure, download this resource:...

read more

Stay Up to Date

As a subscriber, you never miss a post AND you get access to my exclusive offers & free weekly health coaching.

Sign up today to join over 2,227 magnificent health heroes!