While the government is concentrating on washing hands and self-isolation, and the media is intent on doing nothing of benefit, I thought it would be a good idea to write something useful for you. Something that is practical, evidence based, and effective not just protecting against one virus (which is all vaccine can do), but a number of today’s major concerns.
For instance – 7 people die EVERY day from taking pain killer in the UK. 192 will die from diabetes. And 2,191will die today in Europe from air pollution. So instead of spending a fortune on telling people to wash their hands and 46 million pounds on a vaccine, why not try this approach instead:
- Eat a diet high in VARIETY of plant foods – 30 different plant types per week. A study on 13,000 identical twins, the PREDICT Study, by Dr Tim Spector, has shown that when it comes to health, ‘plant variation’ in your diet is the key to a long healthy life. The same study also revealed most people will benefit from doubling the amount of fibre in their diets as well. These 2 factors have a huge impact on your microbiome – all the ‘good’ bacteria in your body that fight ‘bad’ bacteria and also help keep viruses at bay in your lungs.
- Physical activity may help flush bacteria out of the lungs and airways. This may reduce your chance of getting a cold, flu, or other illness.
- Decrease effects of air pollution. When it comes to protecting yourself against respiratory infections like the coronavirus it would make sense to see what science says we can do. Air pollution contributes to over 30 heart attacks a day in the UK, and over 2000 deaths a day across Europe. The Institute of Medicine found taking the following nutrients as a minimum to decrease the effects of lung pollution:
- 400 micrograms (mcg) of folate (B9),
- 3 to 1.7 mg of B6
- and 2.4 mcg of B12
- We know that many people in the UK have some form of nutrition deficiency which can lead to a lowered immune response – D3, Magnesium, B vitamins and Omega 3 for instance. All these can be tested by your GP, and also have impacts on other aspects of your health, so it’s worth knowing what you need.
- Improve your posture! Forward head posture decreases lung capacity, as well as putting pressure on your heart. Better lung capacity and heart function will improve oxygen and nutrient delivery to your whole body and improve immunity.
Further tips –You can learn more about building your health over 30 days with our free ‘Magnificent Health Experience’, enrol here https://livewellforlonger.gr8.com/