Tag Archives for " hertfordshire chiropractor "
Updated Sept 2017
There are 2 detox programs we use at Body In Balance.
We use the 90 day True Cellular Detox Program which is easy for anyone to do, and more importantly it is effective. We are the only people in the UK to offer this program.
The second program we use is an Intense 7 Day detox (and milder 30 day followup) which we use to get fast change in those who can tolerate it:
More on how we rebuild cells so you can heal and detox
Let’s start with the who…
First off, people who are exposed regularly to toxins – which does not just mean industrial chemists. Dentists and hair dressers, and people who smoke – or who have smoked in the past. Remember, hair colouring is a toxic chemical, most make up and perfumes, and massive tattoos are also full of crud.
The truth is though, that there are so many toxins in the environment now that most of us have between 200 and 700 man made chemicals inside us!
5 Reasons You Need to Detox according to Mark Hyman ND
1. You have FLC Syndrome: Feel Like Crap.
You wake up feeling less than a million dollars!. You have symptoms like fatigue, brain fog, achiness, digestive issues, allergies, headaches. Most of us don’t connect what we’re eating to how we feel
2. You can’t lose weight and keep it off (you want to fit into your jeans).
The scientific establishment has convinced us that losing weight is just a matter of calories in/calories out, that it’s about energy balance, about eating less and exercising more. How’s that working out for you? Possibly not so well! Problem is, the scientific establishment is different from the established science. The science says sugar and flour calories are WAY different from fat calories. Sugar triggers addiction, insulin release, inflammation, and belly fat storage. Fat does not do that. Avoid nonsense such as low fat foods – including skimmed milk (it contains more sugar than full fat milk)
3. You can’t control your sugar and carb cravings (you may be suffering from food addiction – see above).
The fact is that sugar and flour are biologically addictive.. They takeover of your taste buds, brain chemistry, hormones and metabolism. Sugar is eight times more addictive than cocaine. If you are trying to use willpower alone to lose weight you may fail.
4. You never have detoxed.
Most of us have never in our life taken 7 days to put nothing in our bodies but delicious, whole clean food. Just 7 days. Even if you think you are healthy and feel good, you may not realize that your normal state is not your optimal state. Think of it as a tune-up, a super-quick, super-easy way to supercharge your health.
As I said in the video – Dr Bob Rakowski even gets elite, Olympic athletes to do better after 7 days on his detox protocol.
5. You need a STAYCATION.
All of us stray from living in a way that supports our health: too little sleep, too little exercise, too much bad food, too much stress, not enough time for ourselves. The best way to reset your life is a 7-day detox. Simple, delicious foods. No toxins or drugs, by which I mean sugar, flour, processed foods, caffeine or alcohol. Self-nurturing practices: deep breathing, sleeping 7-8 hours a night, a little exercise, self-love. All this works to get your body and mind back to their original factory settings—and quickly!
Cleanses and detoxes are trendy, popular, and promise to clear out nasty toxins from your
body and make you healthier. Chemicals from pesticides, chlorine, bleach and ammonia, and carbon monoxide build up over time and cause disease. Heavy metals are often a culprit in general ‘illness’.
• Calcium is replaced by lead, which deposits primarily in bone, and disrupts the formation of red blood cells. Lead contributes to poor bone health such as osteopenia and osteoporosis.
• Zinc is replaced by cadmium, which tends to accumulate heavily in your kidneys. Cadmium overload is associated with peripheral neuropathy.
• Magnesium is replaced by aluminum, which, among other things, induces neurochemical changes and has been identified as a contributing factor to developing Alzheimer’s.
• Manganese is replaced by nickel, which is carcinogenic.
Detoxification is growing increasingly popular.
Juice cleanses, colon cleanses, fruit detoxes, sugar detoxes—we’ve all seen these things, but do they actually work? The old idea for detoxing was to fast, but your body needs nutrients to perform optimally under any condition, and that includes performing the tasks of detoxification.
The normal pathway for toxins to move out of the body is through the liver, which converts harmful chemicals into water-soluble molecules that can be flushed out in the urine or faeces. If there’s a delay in elimination, however, those toxins remain in your system longer. As the modern western diet often leads to constipation many ‘detox’ remedies and systems are little more than laxatives – they get a sluggish system going. They will help some people feel better, but they are not truly detox solutions.
You need to establish a healthy lifestyle and dietary habits FIRST, so you have a reserve that your body can draw on to allow your liver to do its job properly.
If you fail to do this you can easily overwhelm your liver’s ability to process the toxic substances that are being eliminated and you will become very sick, wishing you had never done the detox in the first place.
The Weston A. Price diet recommendations — which were written in 1920 and still, like all truths, hold true today — includes these timeless guidelines:
• Eat foods that are natural, unprocessed, and organic (and contain no sugar except for the occasional bit of honey or maple syrup).
• Eat foods that grow in your native environment. In other words, eat locally grown, seasonal foods.
• Eat unpasteurized dairy products (such as raw milk) and fermented foods.
• Eat at least one-third of your food raw.
• Make sure you eat enough healthy fats, including those from animal sources like omega-3 fat, and reduce your intake of omega-6 from vegetable oils.
Additionally, it’s important to understand that if you’re deficient in essential metals, your body will actually use toxic heavy metals as “stand-ins” instead.
So for most people I would recommend going through the full True Cellular Detox Program, and for the more hardy, the 7 Day Intense – both supervised by a health care practitioner.
You will need the correct selection of nutrients – available here
There is another form of detox that I use and recommend….explained in Part 2
If you are under a great deal of stress use these acupressure points I demonstrate on my young volunteer Eric on a regular basis.
They are also useful if you have just suffered a shock or physical stress – like a whiplash or a fall. These acupressure points are not a substitute for professional help, but they can help relieve some of the mental anxiety and pain.
Use them and please vote for Eric on Youtube (you’ll know what I mean when you watch.
We cannot thank our family, friends, patients, and allied health care providers enough for referring patients to our practice.
There is no other form of advertising that attracts the quality of patients as those our patients refer to us.
So, here’s some information that may help you tell others about us, in either Hertfordshire or North London:
Chiropractic has been around since 1895 and is the third largest healthcare profession in the world:
* The primary focus of treatment includes the neuromusculoskeletal system (nerves, muscles, joints) such as disk herniations (e.g., sciatica, pinched nerves), sprains and strains, sports injuries, neck pain (e.g., whiplash), headaches, and many others.
* The treatment includes a “hands-on” approach where massage, manual traction, joint manipulation and mobilization are commonly utilized. In general, the treatment typically feels good and patients look forward to the process.
* In many cases (such as low back pain, neck pain, headaches), chiropractic care may function as the primary or only treatment that is needed. However, when other medical conditions co-exist, the combination of chiropractic and medical treatment is often better than either one by itself (depending on the condition).
* Over the last 20-30 years, a significant volume of research has been published finding chiropractic approaches to be either equal or superior to other forms of healthcare provision for low back and neck pain, headaches, and other conditions.
* In the USA many hospitals, medical clinics and VA facilities have integrated chiropractic into their healthcare systems. Medicare and Medicaid have included chiropractic coverage since the 1970’s and most private insurers (in the UK and the USA) include chiropractic coverage due to the significant volume of research reporting the benefits, cost savings, and patient satisfaction.
Your individual story may actually be the most important thing you can share.
You can read what others have experienced in our North Finchley and Hertfordshire chiropractic clinics