What to expect at the Chiropractor at The Pain Relief Centres
Arrival and Initial Consultation
As you come through the door of the clinic you will be greeted with a friendly smile from one of our receptionists. We realise that many new patients are in pain or nervous or both so we ensure the first thing you recieve is a warm welcome.
If they are already dealing with a patient you may have to wait a moment and then you’ll be offer a drink and asked to complete our short “New Patient Form” to help us provide you the very best and effective treatments.
It’s a simple but effective form which is available on line so if you want to save a little time at the clinic you can download and fill in before hand. Although it is a simple form don't worry. We will be on hand to help you if you need it.
The forms will then be passed to the receptionist, or straight to the Doctor of Chiropractic. The chiropractor will then show you to the consultation room and make sure you are comfortable.
The consultation itself will usually consist of five parts:
• First the chiropractor will ask you a series of questions about your current and past health and take notes.
• Second is the examination, which usually requires either the removal of some clothing, or changing into an examination gown.
• A series of tests will be carried out to determine the cause/causes of your condition and to confirm if the chiropractor can help. The examination will be appropriate to your case, and typically involves postural evaluation, checking of relevant joints, muscles and nerves. Your heart, lungs and abdomen may be examined if indicated.
• A special part of the examination would be a ‘scan’ of your back muscles, known as a spinal electromyography (or sEMG for short). This is similar to the ECG tests doctors do for your heart. It is completely non-invasive and painless.
• After examination the chiropractor will explain the most immediately relevant findings and may suggest some preliminary treatment.
If treatment does go ahead then after the chiropractor will give you some home care advice.
The second visit typically lasts 20-30 minutes.
The Doctor of Chiropractic will re-asses the problem areas and provide a more thorough Report of Findings, and recommended treatment plan.
Treatment will go ahead as indicated.
By now most people are feeling the benefits of chiropractic care, and the doctor will have a good understanding of how your body will best respond.
Treatment is now quick, but highly skilled and specific to you, typically only taking 10-15 minutes of your time.
Certain techniques however do take longer and appropriate times will be booked.
If you have any further queries regarding the Pain Relief Centres, or if you are a new client and would like to make a booking with us, please feel free to call us on:
01707 662 704 for our Hatfield Clinic in Brookmans Park or
020 8446 7575 for our North London Clinic in Finchley
and we will be happy to talk to you, or alternatively, please contact us via email and we will be happy to discuss any queries you may have.