According to an article in the Guardian on 10/10/2017 ‘obesity threatens to bankrupt the NHS’.
Figures compiled by the World Obesity Federation reveal the current cost to the UK is £14.38 billion and will rise to £23.47 billion by 2025.
Currently, or should I say in 2014, 27.3% of the UK population where classified as obese. If current trends keep going, then we can expect 33.9% by 2025.
In my opinion there are a number of things to blame for this global trend:
- The abdication of our health responsibility thanks to drugs and vaccines
- The abdication of our eating habits thanks to world wide food business
- The ‘luxury’ of modern living meaning we don’t have to move to get food
In the end though, none of the above really matter, as it’s YOU that choses what to eat, and how to exercise.
So what can be done?
Learning about health in general is a great start, and I’ve written and vlogged a great deal about this already.
As I know that many, many people need an easy answer, here’s 3 videos to help:
- 2 great supplements to battle the bulge (that are helpful for athletes to)
- Probably the best single diet (although not for everyone) and a ‘cheat to ketosis’ I use
- Breathe yourself thin (or rather don’t breathe!)
And finally, as bonus, the origins of ‘Are you digging your grave with your teeth?’
If you would like to learn more about any of the supplements, or be coached to health and wellness call the clinic on 01707 662 704.